COVID-19 Advice for asthmatics
We understand it is an anxious time and understandably asthmatics will have questions and concerns. To try and answer some of your questions and ease some of your concerns we will make sure we update our website with the latest NHS and Government advice as soon as we receive it. Please see below the latest advice from Asthma UK.
When people with asthma get respiratory infections, it can set off their asthma symptoms. Asthma UK has advice if you do get COVID.
The best action you can take is to follow these simple asthma management steps:
- following the guidance for your area of the country
- washing your hands regularly, not touching your face and maintaining social distancing (hands, face, space)
- working from home, if you can
- not socialising indoors with people you don’t live with or are in your support bubble
- looking after your asthma – this includes taking your preventer inhaler every day as prescribed and following your action plan
I have asthma when will I receive my COVID vaccination?
Asthma UK has updated information on priority groups and guidance for when will asthmatics will receive their vaccinations
If you have questions about the guidance please use our contact us now page.
Published: Mar 1, 2021